November 09, 2006

picking it back up

I am regaining the "cutting edge" in my life. At the conference, Phil Cann challenged us to go back to where we dropped our cutting edge and pick it back up, as in the biblical story of Elisha and the man who borrowed an axe.

I felt convicted through his talk to begin anew my commitment to daily reading of Scripture. Perhaps it is shocking that a missionary would struggle with that - but I guess I'll be the one to own up to it and shatter whatever false impression of missionaries someone might have. In any case, I shared with my parents, "I felt like I connected once again with a true heart of worship, and my craving for His word was nurtured."

So...here we are. Week one. Celebrate with me! It's a small victory. I've read each day. This week, I've read Nehemiah, Micah, Psalms 1-21, Isaiah 1-7, 1 & 2 Thessalonians (not including devotional time). I thank God for bringing me this far, and look forward to another week.

No comments: