July 23, 2008

from dread to praise

...and double blech!

That is the immediate feeling after spending six hours working on five currencies for three months of finances. There is little I find more life-draining than thinking about or working with money and numbers.

However, last quarter's quarterly financial report is complete. It's been hanging over my head. I've dreaded it and avoided it (as usual) but now it's done and I can breathe a sigh of relief.

I had two dreams in the early morning that I remember. The first one was what seemed to be Japan. I was looking at an apartment that I was obviously thinking about moving into, and I kept discovering more rooms and that the apartment was so much larger than I thought. I was so pleased that it was going to be so cheap (just 4 man yen...about 400 dollars). I turned around and Ben startled me...somehow I knew he was there but didn't expect him to be in the room, and he was looking at me like he was about to play a prank.

The second dream was a praise dream. I don't know where I was but it was a grand place and there were lots of people from around the world there...and we were singing praises at the top of our lungs. Now and then, I have dreams like this. This one woke me up, and I felt so full of joy. I couldn't fall back asleep.

So I got up and felt a ton of energy (the most I've felt in a while). I was SO PRODUCTIVE today - completing my discipleship study from Mark, finances (leftover income tax stuff, quarterly report), 2 loads of laundry, completed & sent out my monthly prayer requests, purchased airplane tickets for my trip to Thailand, caught up on email.

So...I have one life draining moment of today, but it's counterbalanced by many life giving highlights. Thanks, God.

1 comment:

Debi Hobelman said...

Yeah, God!