February 08, 2007

around the neighbourhood

Today I'm going to walk around my neighbourhood and pray. Since we've come back from Osaka, a lot of my perspective on life, faith and mission are in a state of re-evaluation. (You should read my friend, Judith's blog for more about Osaka. Perhaps I will share more about this in another blog myself.)

Anyhow, last week Ben and I went on the Tohoku University campus to eat lunch and to see what God was going to do, and to see what He wanted us to do. Before leaving the house, we climbed in the car and prayed. We drove to the university, went to the cafeteria and ate lunch. We also saw two friends we haven't seen in a long time who used to attend different activities. It was good to reconnect - had we not gone, we probably wouldn't have seen one of them ever again. We also walked around the campus a little to become familiar with it, and to spark some new areas for prayer.

Today, I'm going to do the same with our neighbourhood. I don't know what God wants to do or what He wants to show me, or who He wants me to meet, but I'm going to go for a walk and pray. Perhaps some of the people living in these homes have never had someone pray for their family specifically.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love and appreciate your genuine love for the Japanese. Your willingness to serve God by serving them amazes me every day.