April 30, 2008

i not stupid

Crim called me this morning and we talked for almost two and a half hours. It was wonderful. I miss her - and I'm excited that she'll arrive in Japan while I'm there.

I haven't been feeling well for the last couple of days. So after struggling to do some work, I decided to lay down at 4:15 because I had a headache and was feeling just horrible. When I woke up, it was 8:07 already! So I got up and made some mushroom soup for dinner, and ate that with some bread I bought at Marche on Sunday night. I also was surprised with a phone call from Debi - two phone calls in one day! It was so good to hear her voice and hear about Godo Reihai in Ibaraki. She, Sasha, Akiko and Yuko all went together. Earlier in the day I was thinking about it and felt a little sad that I was missing out this year.

Tonight I watched the movie "I Not Stupid" (no, I didn't make a mistake in the title). It is a drama, but one with a purpose of examining/commenting upon Singapore's education system and culture. Pak Fook recommended it. I found myself in tears several times.

It gave me lots to think about. And it made me miss my Mom, and be thankful for her.

No comments: